Did you know that mold and mildew can grow in your HVAC system, as well as in your kitchen, bathroom, and other parts of your house? It’s true! When this happens, these mold and mildew spores travel throughout your home every time you run your HVAC system.
At Service First Pros, we want you to be able to understand and spot this problem before it becomes a major issue and affects the health and well being of your entire family. Here’s what you need to know. If you suspect a mold or mildew problem in your HVAC system, call us ASAP to mitigate it fast.
How Do Mold and Mildew Get There?
Mold and mildew get into your HVAC system when it sucks in air from outside your home. These spores can exist naturally outside your home. Most of the time, they don’t last long once they are in your house. However, certain conditions can help them grow.
Moisture is necessary for mold and mildew growth. This can also come in with the outside air or it can get be present in your HVAC system if something isn’t working.
Mold and mildew also need nourishment to grow. When your system sucks in debris from outside, this can feed that growth if it gets stuck in your system.
Signs of Mold & Mildew in Your HVAC System
There are a few ways to tell if there is mold and mildew in your HVAC system. Look for:
- Musty or mildewy smells, especially when the system is running or you stand next to your vents.
- Visible mold around your intake vents or your air ducts.
- Leaks or puddles in, around, or coming from your HVAC system.
- Coughing, sneezing, congestion, or increased allergies at home.
The Dangers of Mold & Mildew
Having mold and mildew isn’t just unpleasant! They can cause major issues for you and your family. If someone is allergic to the mold or mildew, their allergies may get worse and worse at home. Breathing in spores can also trigger asthma attacks or difficulty breathing in people with lung issues.
Other signs that your health is being affected by mold or mildew include:
- Frequent bronchitis or pneumonia
If you are experiencing symptoms, it’s important to get your home checked for mold or mildew ASAP!
Mold & Mildew Solutions for You!
At Service First Pros, there are a few things we can do to help eliminate mold and mildew in your home. We offer:
- Air duct cleaning. We’ll remove dust, debris, and dirt from your air ducts, as well as any visible traces of mold or mildew. We’ll make sure your ducts are not a hospitable environment where mold and mildew can grow.
- Upgraded furnace filters. These can trap mold and mildew spores before they get spread around your house via your HVAC system.
- HVAC maintenance. We’ll make sure that your system isn’t leaking or otherwise creating a place where mold and mildew can thrive.
Give us a call today and let us know that you’re struggling with mold or mildew growth in your HVAC system. We’ll get an expert to your house ASAP to track down the cause of these problems and implement a solution that will keep you and your family healthy at home. Contact us by phone, or make your appointment now for any HVAC services in Auburn and Northern Georgia!